Vice President, Global Quality required for Leading Manufacturing Firm - REMOTE
- Vice President, Global Quality Assurance
- Greater Newark, NJ Area (Remote)
- 40% Travel
The ideal VP, Global Quality will be successful at designing, implementing, and upholding comprehensive Quality systems to supporting revenue growth. You will work with a cross-functional team to create compelling proposals for solutions that add value to the organization by creating a World Class quality system.
Essential Functions of the VP of Quality:
- Develop, Implement and Uphold SOPs, best practices and processes to foster a World Class Quality program
- Addressing strategic and operational challenges by applying quantitative modeling and analysis to profitability assessment, supply chain engineering, transportation optimization, strategic network design, inventory management strategies and warehousing / distribution operations.
- Drive internal cross-functional collaboration with relevant counter parts to encourage quality standards across the organization
- Apply best-practices from industry standards to ensure all company policies and procedures are in line
- Collaborate with product engineering, product design, supplier relations, procurement, manufacturing and customer teams to integrate quality throughout all in a uniform manner
- Develop, implement and uphold Quality KPIs at the plant level to ensure manufacturing processes are in line with World Class Quality system
- Responsible for adhering to the Proposal Development Process, including kick-off meetings, pricing reviews, supporting preparation of Investment Memos and presenting to Executive Management.
- Spearhead Quality audits regularly to ensure best-practices are being upheld and operations are in line with company quality standards
- Operate with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Manage resources accordingly to meet all deadlines.
- Deliver solution designs to customers in the form of formal RFP responses and presentations.
- Develop/maintain analytical tools to improve the quality of the solution designs and/or increase the productivity of the team.
The Ideal VP of Quality will have the following Qualifications & Experience:
- Education, Training & Professional Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Quality, Engineering or related scientific field
- 10+ years Quality Management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Masters Degree strongly preferred; but not required
- LEAN/Six Sigma Certifications a plus, but not required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Quality standards and systems such as ISO, HACCP, etc.
- Proven track record of leading successful Quality Audits
- Superior leadership abilities
- Ability to manage upwards and down
- Willingness to lead and learn across all areas of the business
- Experience developing and implementing new processes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment