DSJ Global is looking for a Director of Operations for a packaging company. The position has fantastic development oppertunities.
- Be the site safety champion and ensure that a safety culture operates throughout the facility.
- Manage daily operations to ensure performance is aligned to safety, quality and service objectives, as well as meeting budgeted cost of production targets.
- Optimise plant performance through appropriate utilisation of manpower, equipment and resources.
- Develop and review a rolling 5-year strategy to ensure the UK operations function is fit for the future.
- Review production reports, activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity against our goal.
- Identify opportunities to improve quality, service, productivity through both through an ongoing continuous improvement process and also through special projects as required.
- 10 years of directly related work experience in manufacturing environment
- 5 years' management experience
- Solid experience in change management, process improvement and process optimisation
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Experience in Extrusion/flexible packaging
- Ability to develop, lead, inspire and maintain a team-based organisation
- Ability to develop metric driven organisation to demonstrate efficiency and optimisation
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and provide solutions
- Strong communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate problems and observations
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and meet deadlines