Technical Services Manager
Greater Phoenix, Arizona area (on-site)
Job Title: Technical Services Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ (on-site)
Sector: Health Care
This Senior Manager level position directly oversees all engineering and maintenance activities at a manufacturing facility in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area. Components of the role include providing all utilities, plant maintenance and services, capital and expense project planning and execution, environmental management, production maintenance, and engineering support.
The Technical Services Manager acts as the technical liaison between the plant and functions outside the facility, including division, corporate, government agencies, vendors and other industry groups.
- Lead the activities of the Engineering, Maintenance, Facilities and Energy Center Managers and their teams to meet plant objectives related to safety, quality, and financial performance.
- Direct Reports: 4-6 exempt employees; Indirect Reports: 20-22 exempt employees, 70-75 non-exempt employees
- Develop and deploy Facilities, Utilities, and Equipment Annual/Long-Term Plans to enable sustainable efficiency and cost improvements
- Oversee and coordinate external resources including outside engineering firms, contractors, service providers, and consultants
- Manage facility's strategic project portfolio
- Preserve the site's Validation Master Plan and manage certification of all plant equipment
- Manage the Technical Services L&OH spend within established budgets ($25+ million)
- S. in Engineering, Operations, or Science discipline required; MBA is preferred
- 5+ years in food and/or infant formula manufacturing
- 5+ years in engineering (project, process, or manufacturing)
- 5+ years of managerial experience leading high-growth team(s)
- Preferred: Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for manufacturing of nutritional and infant formula products