We have a current opportunity for a supply chain manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Sarstedt, Germany. please find the job description for this position below:
▪ Develop the Local Supply Chain team to a high performing organisation by planning and developing the necessary personnel in agreement when applicable with other company key stakeholders, ensuring the correct application of tools and policies on training, career path and evaluations.
▪ Assure the deployment and execution of the objectives and directives assigned to the Supply Chain function by the site EVP Operations and the rest of the Supply Chain organisation.
▪ Assure the availability of Materials and Services at the required dates according to the company needs.
▪ Define the right Material planning and ordering processes (MRP, reordering point, spot order, etc.) for each type of material or services, considering the key related business conditions such as customer orders lead time, supplier lead time, availability and reliability of bill of materials, etc.
▪ Monitor the business development and maintain accordingly the key material planning parameters in the system such as min/max stock, reordering points, min order quantities and others.
▪ Execute periodically the defined planning processes and send to suppliers via the defined communication channel (email, EDI, others) the corresponding material or services requests or orders coming out of the above mentioned predefined planning processes. ▪ Assure that supplier orders are inclusive of or make clear reference to all necessary documentation related to the conditions of purchase.
▪ Manage and execute the defined process of receiving supplier confirmation for the received orders. Manage and escalate, if necessary, such cases in which those supplier order confirmations contradict, totally or partially, the requested purchasing conditions.
▪ Understand the Market evolution: threats, opportunities and technological trends. Inform other affected areas in the company.
▪ Assure the necessary input and support to the organisation in Supply Chain related matters (budget preparation, ERP maintenance, plant objectives, reporting, projects, supplier issues, etc.).
▪ Define and execute the processes related to Material handling throughout the entire material cycle at the site. Assure the correct levels of material inventory.
▪ Assure that the necessary commodity sourcing activities and processes required by the different projects in development are launched and completed on time.
▪ Lead the selection and nomination of new suppliers relative to the assigned spend until final approval according to the established decision levels.
▪ Lead the purchasing activities related to new contracts or modifications of existing ones according to the established decision levels relative to the assigned spend.
▪ Foster and lead the initiatives related to the improvement of the cost and efficiency of the Materials, Components, Investments and Services used in order to meet the company's yearly and long term objectives
▪ Assure that the correct level and content of technical and financial information is available throughout all sales bidding and purchasing sourcing processes.
▪ Ensure the alignment of the supply base development with the company's goals and strategic actions.
▪ Implement and execute the Procedures, Tools, Operative Instructions and Reporting Systems, so that the assigned functions can be correctly executed, results and information correctly consolidated, decisions adequately taken and inter company communication facilitated
For further information about this position please apply.