THIS POSITION CAN SIT IN EITHER Rockville, MD or Philadelphia, PA.
Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager - Protein
Company Profile: A food/beverage organization is looking to hire a Strategic Sourcing Manager- Proteins for their team. This candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of protein (national meat, pork, poultry) contracting initiatives that result in contracts that support the needs of their customers. This person will also develop a plan to conduct initiatives that leverage best practices and sound processes.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will Be Responsible For the Following:
- Lead effective supplier negotiation and pricing strategy development efforts which integrates the organizations principles and value proposition
- Collaborate with clients regarding initiatives such as identifying the correct stakeholder, lead meetings, etc.
- Lead Business Ownership (Supplier Management) activity for his/her portfolio of contracts
- Build and maintain supplier relationships; hold suppliers accountable to deliver contractual commitments
The Strategic Sourcing Manager Should Have the Following Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience in strategic sourcing
- Extensive knowledge of the protein category (pork, poultry and meat experience preferred)
- Experiencing with negotiation and knowledge of how protein pricing formulas work
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel globally about 10-20% domestically
This is a hybrid position (3x a week on site, 2x a week from home)