Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Location: Houston, TX
- Flexibility: Hybrid
One of the global leaders in the petrochemicals industry, sustainability, and ESG is looking to hire a Strategic Sourcing Manager to be responsible for implementing sourcing strategies for MRO and contracts/services as well providing leadership to the sourcing team. If you want to impact one of the most successful petrochemicals organizations with over 130 plants in 34 different countries looking to exceed an annual revenue of $16B, check out the below description!
- Develop and manage relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders yielding effective partnerships.
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives including development and execution of clearly defined sourcing events; document bid process through supplier communication; drive the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conduct supplier negotiations; and ongoing supplier management.
- Effectively interact and communicate with manufacturing, project management and suppliers regarding commodity management activities.
- Purchase materials in the assigned commodity portfolio, consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering with equivalent work experience in a manufacturing or chemical environment.
- 10+ Years in Procurement in managing related indirect categories
- Proven years of leadership experience
- A high degree of proficiency in SAP 3.6 or higher.
- Strategic sourcing or supply chain management experience (contracts and vendor management, supplier evaluation, regulatory compliance, segmentation & taxonomy).