Sr. Manager, Quality Control required for leading Cosmetics Manufacturing Firm
- Greater Los Angeles, California Area
- Quality Leadership
A Cosmetics Manufacturing Firm is seeking a Senior Manager of Quality Control to enhance their Quality Program. This role, based at the company's headquarters, involves collaborating with a dynamic leadership team and contributing suggestions to improve product quality.
While reporting directly to the VP of Quality Control and Regulatory, the Senior Manager will supervise Quality Control activities. The ideal candidate should possess expertise in refining processes, be well-versed in FDA regulations, and ensure that the company's products meet high standards. Additionally, they will lead the Quality Control team, ensuring both safety and effectiveness of the products while meeting customer needs.
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for:
- Working in tandem with the VP of Quality Control & Regulatory to supervise Quality Control Teams, ensuring alignment between manufacturing and laboratory operations to support the company's goals.
- Cooperating closely with Production Management to ensure adherence to quality systems.
- Developing necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and reviewing, correcting, and enhancing existing ones.
- Handling compliance issues related to validation, calibration, etc.
- Performing and regulating regular audits of laboratories, manufacturing areas, and quality systems.
- Guaranteeing that safety and efficacy tests for both cosmetics and children's products (CPSIA) are completed within budget and timeline constraints.
- Effectively managing and executing both mock and official product recalls.
- Supervising employee training programs while keeping accurate records.
- Conducting audits of suppliers and third-party labs in accordance with FDA cGMP and ISO 22716 standards.
The Sr. Manager will have the following skillset:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- 7+ years of experience in QC/QA in a cosmetics manufacturing company (additionally experience in regulatory is preferred)
- 5+ years of experience of related supervisory/management experience including building and developing teams
- 5+ years of experience as an active participant with cosmetic-centric FDA audits
- Understanding of regulations surrounding cosmetics including:
- FPLA (Fair Packaging and Labeling Act)
- FDC (Food, Drug, & Cosmetic Act)
- EU Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009
- Health Canada
- Collaborative working style
- Strong leadership skills when handling multiple projects
ut this position please apply.