This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious scale-up venture within an established market leader. The goal is to delight customers via a new premium D2C food offering, and in doing so build a unicorn business.
The team will work with the twin goals to inspire customers via innovative developments in the product & marketing, and to achieve operational excellence in scaling the fulfillment of customer orders.
We are building a business line within a well-established and funded company that has customers and distribution, while we have the ability to design and develop with the same principles that a start-up would apply.
The Sourcing Manager works cross functionally with our Contract Manufacturers, Marketing, Culinary, Operations, Packaging Engineering and Food Safety Teams to produce world-class boxed meal products. This person will be responsible for our supplier relationships, sourcing processes and intake processes. This role will lead the development and execution of supply strategies and partnerships to generate outstanding results. They will deliver a full range of supply management services including strategic sourcing, supplier quality, and supply chain and food safety risk management.
The Sourcing Manager plays a vital role in the success of Carnivore as having high quality proteins is a pivotal part of our value proposition. While they may work on sourcing different aspects of our offering (proteins, sides, non-consumables, packaging, co-packers etc), their focus will be on sourcing a variety of typical proteins such as brisket, chicken, salmon but also of specialist proteins such as Wagyu beef.
· Research, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply for the highest quality frozen meats, frozen prepared side dishes and condiments.
· Take lead on managing supplier contracts and agreements
· Lead the supplier management program: work with departments to set up specifications with food safety and quality requirements, communicate with the supplier to obtain the required documentation, evaluate and maintain documents and supplier scorecards.
· Monitor and manage contract compliance, change orders and commitments
· Lead cross-functional supplier selection activities through RFP, RFQ and RFI processes
· Provide compelling category and sourcing insights to the business to contribute to overall strategies
· Work cross-functionally with the operations team to ensure timely delivery of inventory
· Drive supply chain infrastructure, efficiency and continuity
· Work with Operations to design inbound and outbound logistics strategy
· Assist with production and demand planning tool development.
· 5 plus years of sourcing experience in frozen foods, proteins, or fresh foods industry.
· Specific knowledge in the area of sourcing proteins and the unique characteristics of the supply chain for proteins and specialist proteins such as Wagyu beef.
· Proven experience in driving complex negotiations and a variety of contracts.
· Superior organizational skills and attention to details.
· Ability to manage competing priorities and drive towards deadlines.
· Comfort with evolving responsibilities and flexibility to adapt within a developing company.
· Experience with ERP systems and proven experience building systems to manage the supply chain for growth
· Strong track record of developing and maintaining great vendor relationships, including corrective action responses.
· Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Mindsets & Behaviors
· High energy and passionate individual who inspires teammates to reach their maximum potential
· Excited about trying new solutions
· Embraces a culture of trust and complete transparency
· Promotes free thought - is energized by ideas from others in team
· Brave and rebellious, willing to challenge status quo