Site Procurement Leader - Pharmaceutical Procurement
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Our client, a national and growing healthcare organization, is looking to fill a newly created role as the Site Procurement Leader - Pharmaceutical Procurement for over the counter (OTC) drug supply.
The Site Procurement Leader - Pharmaceutical Procurement will be working with executive management and functional stakeholders to identify best in class category practices, strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, and stakeholder relationship management. This role reports into the Head of Procurement, and will be hired with the mindset that this person will be the right hand and person in mind for succession planning in the procurement organization this role has the potential for those with prior management experience to join in a people management position as well.
The Site Procurement Leader - Pharmaceutical Procurement will:
- Drive organizational value (quality, cost, delivery) through cross-functional collaboration for assigned commodities (mostly OTC products)
- Lead pricing analysis within the assigned commodities to ensure favorability of pricing for the best quality
- Partner as a trusted advisor on a continuous basis with internal customers to understand evolving business objectives, expectations and specific requirements
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practices, market conditions, trends, sources of supply and supplier capabilities for assigned categories
- Lead sourcing negotiations with all levels of supplier contacts to mitigate risk (quality, cost, delivery) through contract management best practices
The Site Procurement Leader - Pharmaceutical Procurement has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering
- ERP system experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in a strategic sourcing or senior buyer role