Title: Shift Supervisor - Nights
Location: Greater San Bernardino Area
A leading name in the Consumer Goods industry is seeking an experienced Shift Supervisor to supervise the plant production and maintenance on a production shift during nights.
The Shift Supervisor has overall responsibility for all facets of the production operation in a lean manufacturing and distribution environment - safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping and effectively manages the employee workforce. Oversee the scheduling and managing of daily production shift activities. The Shift Supervisor is the principal link between all levels of management for the daily operation under their area of responsibility.
The Production Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and awareness within their area.
- Direct the production shift activities to meet scheduling and customer requirements.
- Coordinate staffing levels, materials, machines, methods, and metrics (measurements) to ensure an effective operation.
- Train employees in safety, quality, productivity, and the overall business operations as required. Foster employee culture of learning organization.
- Maintain a smooth production operation by ensuring adherence to all operational methods, procedures, and processes.
- Identify and champion opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Incorporate principles of lean manufacturing such as 5S, key TPS elements, etc.
- Communicate methods, changes, scheduling, etc. as appropriate and required cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Manage all related technical systems, technologies, machines, and equipment as required.
- Participation in employee process from the hiring stage through termination.
- May be required to support Production overtime outside of assigned shift or on weekends as needed.
The ideal Production Supervisor must have the following qualifications:
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of previous supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Previous leadership experience leading a team
- Basic knowledge of production operations including equipment, material workflow etc.
- Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite)
- Forklift experience preferred (Counterbalance, Reach, or Stand-Up)
If you are interested in the Production Supervisor opportunity, then please don't hesitate to apply!