Senior IT Category Manager needed for a Top Professional Services Company
- Manager Level
- Manhattan, NY - Hybrid Model
- $135,000 - $145,000 + Bonus!
One of the nation's premier professional services companies is looking for a Senior Category Manager to join their well established and rapidly expanding team!
Are you a leader who can drive innovation and excellence in procurement within the IT & Telecom categories? Do you have the skills and knowledge to manage complex purchasing activities and collaborate with diverse teams? If so, you might be the perfect candidate for this exciting opportunity!
The Senior IT Category Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the full category management lifecycle process for large, global categories in the technology domain including gathering, analyzing, and reporting on key market intelligence.
- Develop a long-term, multi-year category strategy and evaluate "go to market" strategies.
- Build strong, trusted relationships with internal stakeholders and assume full responsibility for meeting business needs through interpreting spend, category planning, deep market knowledge, influencing demand, developing sourcing strategies, deploying RFx, rigorous supplier selection and negotiations, contract development, supplier performance management, and assuring compliance with company policies.
- Support the development of sourcing & category work plans with the Director, Global Procurement.
- Negotiate the best overall commercial arrangements with suppliers selected through fact-based methods.
- Leverage multiple sources of market intelligence and data to make data-informed decisions.
- Develop a comprehensive view of the balance between supply and demand and actively monitor market conditions on an ongoing basis in order to make informed decisions.
- Lead the performance management process for selected global suppliers, including regular business reviews and support the efforts of the team members with their suppliers.
- Create and maintain a positive and productive work culture.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters preferred)
- 10+ years experience of sourcing, supply chain management, category management, procurement
- Experience within IT & Telecom Categories
- Ability to build effective relationships, influence peers and key stakeholders, and built consensus.
Please apply in or send your resume