Senior Business Development Manager - Freight Forwarding
One of the fastest growing and established Freight Forwarders in Germany is looking for an experienced Senior Business Development Manager to build out local & regional markets in one of the following locations: Stuttgart, Munich, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Hannover, Hamburg, Leipzig, Berlin & Dresden.
This company operates with flat hierarchies, so the chosen individual will be given full responsibility to manage and build out their own market verticals.
If you have a background in freight forwarding and have worked with customers in ONE of the regions above then read the job description below and apply!
- Responsible support of existing and target customers of defined customer segments with own decision -making authority
- Business trips in the specified sales area with the aim of visiting customers and potential customers in this area
- Building and maintaining business relationships
- Use of market information and development of derived strategies to expand our customer base
- Preparation of offers, credit inquiries and implementation of activities in connection with business initiation
- Creation of meaningful activity reports and sales strategies / sales concepts in the assigned sales area
- Management of the own pipeline as well as the pipelines of the assigned sales office
- Participation in sales and other training courses for sales qualification
- Observance and full implementation of all requirements of the Sales Policy
- Personal development
- Technical management of the assigned sales office
- Completed training as a clerk for forwarding and logistics services or an equivalent qualification
- Several years of professional experience in field service sales forwarding / logistics
- Profound market knowledge of the forwarding and logistics market and experience in the field of customer management systems (CRM)
- Outstanding knowledge of sales techniques and excellent organizational skills
- High presentation and interpersonal skills
- Very good computer skills including Microsoft Office
- High level of self-motivation, with the ability to work as a team player and independently
- Good English knowledge
- Valid category B driver's license
- Team: As part of our team, you benefit from flat hierarchies, short information and
- decision-making processes and the exchange of knowledge with your colleagues.
- Work-life balance: Employees are given responsibility and authority within the scope of their job
- Responsibility, why not also with your free time? You can expect flexible working time models. We encourage diversity and are happy to give you the opportunity to celebrate the days of the year that are important to you.