Our client is a world renowned Aerospace company with facilities across the US and abroad. This company has expertise in aircraft equipment, defense, and space. This subdivision with be largely working with aircraft interiors in the Dallas, TX area.
The Senior Commodity Manager will be responsible for leading a team of commodity managers. This individual will negotiate long term contracts and pricing, while maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and vendors. Our client is looking for an energetic, self motivated professional to help build and lead the commodity team in the Dallas, TX area.
The Senior Commodity Manager is responsible for:
- Develop systematic supply chain strategy and goals
- Supporting / leading team of commodity managers
- Pricing negotiations
- Negotiating long term contracts with maintaining relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Ensure achievement of company and supply chain performance goals on a repeatable and sustainable process driven way of working.
- Drive process improvement and proactive problem solving
The Senior Commodity Manager will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ Years Supply Chain experience, 5+ years in a leadership role
- Background in aerospace/aviation, automotive or highly design-controlled industrial sectors
- Proven track record of long term contract negotiations
- Proven track record of P&L responsibility including devising and delivering to annual budgets and targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work cross functionally
- Problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse complex issues and present efficient and effective solutions to management in a clear and concise manner
- Proficiency in ERP
- CPIM accreditation
- Comprehensive knowledge, commercial and technical, of the aircraft interiors business