Direct and manage resources, assets, technical knowledge, and outsourcing related to mechanical, electrical, and automation plant activities and projects, to maximize short- and long-term equipment reliability and productivity. Work as a member of the Minerals team to develop projects, supervisor contractors and be a contributing team member. Lead and drive to meet company culture and standards on EH&S, continuous improvement, project management and maintenance systems (SAP).
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
Manage Capital Projects
- Project Management for capital expansions of existing and new operations over $1M.
- Ensure capital projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Assist operating personnel in evaluating new equipment and technology.
- Prepare documents required for Project approval and authorization.
- Create reports documenting project status & financials.
- Assist Plant in startup and commissioning of Projects.
Provide a variety of engineering functions in support of plant operations and optimization efforts.
- Under general direction, perform engineering duties supporting various disciplines including process, production/manufacturing, electrical, quality and maintenance (reliability).
- Develop process and material flows; general arrangement and detailed equipment layouts; equipment lists.
- Assist the operating personnel in evaluating new equipment and technology.
- Function as a technical advisor to the Operations team
- Formulate and present technical training.
- Provide assistance and guidance in safety design and practices
- Lead optimization of process rate, efficiency, and waste reduction to achieve and/or exceed budgeted goals and objectives
- Collaboration with the production team
- Identification of process/production limitations, sources of waste and other inefficiencies in the process
- Responsible for carrying a proposed project through detailed engineering to financial closure after construction, including documentation and updating of drawings.
- Ensure that the project was developed with reasonable assumptions.
- Ability to initiate and coordinate project discussions within the organization to ensure alignment of expectations.
- Interface with construction vendor to ensure expected scheduling of project execution to assure all objectives are met including compliance, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable design standards to assure compliance and quality.
- Develop cost estimate or direct the work of an engineering firm to develop the estimate
- Plan and assist in capital expansions, machine and equipment replacement, and changes in technology and general process improvements.
- Develop Capex Requests for new improvement projects
- Perform process analysis / review of proposed projects
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a project team
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable in most phases of plant design, process evaluation, equipment application and construction management
- Must be capable of working any shift, on-call, overtime, or seven days a week, if required .
- Effective communicator to articulate a given situation ensuring positive customer satisfaction.
- Extremely dependable. The time-sensitive nature of the position requires excellent attendance and complete customer focus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and meeting all required deadlines.
- Strong sense of urgency in meeting customer needs.
- Good understanding of safety, environmental, and the desire to following all established procedures are required.
- Forward looking action-oriented team player that works well with cross functional groups
- Displays sound judgment when deciding among multiple alternatives
- Ability to multi-task, with excellent organizational and communication skills, proven problem-solving skills and can think "outside the box"
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on multiple projects in a continuous mining and/or manufacturing environment.
- Must possess excellent human relations skills in dealing with employees, vendors and contactors.
- Proven proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Project, AutoCad, and SAP software is plus
Physical Demands Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Work shift work, seven days a week including holidays and be flexible to schedule changes.
- Tolerate working outside in severe weather conditions as well as exposure to high temperatures, noise, and dust.
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel up to 40% as needed or directed by leadership
Required Experience: 3-5 years of progressively responsible project engineering experience in manufacturing, construction, mining, lime, cement, or minerals environment. Knowledge of managing a cost center budget is required.
Required Education: BS degree in Engineering or technical related field or equivalent work experience in the field is required.