Health and Safety Manager needed for a $13B Chemicals Company
- Health and Safety, Onsite Safety
- Baltimore, MD
A global leader in the materials, chemicals, and solutions industry is seeking a Health and Safety Manager in one of their key facilities in Maryland. The Health and Safety Manager will be tasked with professional guidance and technical leadership in the areas of personnel safety, industrial hygiene, emergency response and onsite safety. The H&S Manager will be the site's Health and Safety leader and coordinate the activities, assist the site with risk identification and mitigation, as well as ensure the site complies with health and safety regulations and company policies in the manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities for the Health & Safety Manager include:
- Maintain applicable safety and health procedures
- Industrial Hygienics
- Onsite safety, life saving procedures
- Perform Industrial Hygiene risk assessments using group-validated methodologies.
- Perform analyses of IH screening results and develop annual sampling plans.
- level 1 (red line)
- Ensure safe and compliant operations while increasing environmental sustainability
- Maintain manufacturing facilities industrial hygiene
- Provide necessary support to maintain site external management systems certifications
Ideal of Qualifications for the Health & Safety Manager include:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required
- Prior experience Industrial Hygienics required
- Prior professional guidance and technical leadership in the areas of personnel safety, industrial hygiene, and emergency response
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations, particularly related to personnel safety and industrial hygiene
- CSP, CIH or related professional certification preferred
- 3+ years' chemicals experience