Quality Engineer - for a leading Power Generation Company
- Quality Engineer
- St. Louis, MO
A leading Oil & Gas company is seeking a Quality Engineer who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Quality experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Quality Engineer - Will support the Quality System needs of the Repair Services Division and provide a resource for developing and implementing good Quality practices while supporting the Division's overall business objectives.
The Quality Engineer - should have the following skill set:
- Engineering degree - Preferred
- 5+yrs of related field experience (Power Industry - Steam/Gas Turbines)
- Process knowledge in Power Industry; detailed knowledge & proficiency in Quality Systems - ISO requirements familiarity; Root Cause Analysis and Corrective/Preventive Action; proficiency in current PC technology & effective use of software to create forms/documents.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision - self starter; Ability to effectively perform & contribute in a team environment; Ability to effectively work with & accomplish multiple priorities; Effective organizational and communication skills; Customer focused; Ability to identify, analyze, & solve Quality problems with practical solutions; Provide technical guidance on Quality issues.
The Quality Engineer - will:
- Conduct In-Process operations audits and Quality System Audits of the Repairs Division to assure proper practices and verifications are being used. Support customer audits as required.
- Coordinate the Nonconformance & Corrective Action Processes. Collect, maintain & analyze Cost of Quality and Cost of EBIT data to help drive continuous improvement & resolve Quality problems. Initiate Quality Alerts and Technical Bulletins where applicable.
- Coordinate regular Quality/Management Reviews to review Division performance against goals/objectives - establish, implement, and track improvement priorities.
- Document Development & Control: Prepare, develop, & maintain needed work instructions/procedures & data/check sheets to support the expanding business.
- Monitor Supplier Quality performance. Support the qualification of new Suppliers. Work with Key Suppliers to improve their Quality performance, where needed. Audit new & existing suppliers where needed.
- Maintain Repair Services ISO 9001 Quality Certification by assuring compliance with all applicable ISO 9001 requirements.