DSJ Global is currently partnered with one of the leading Food Production companies in the US. Our client is seeking an experienced Quality Manager to join their team in South Carolina. The Quality Manager will need extensive experience with implementing and maintaining world class Quality Management Systems and ensuring the site adheres to BRC standards for food safety.
The Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manager Include:
- Train other departments on proper inspection procedure practices and assist in ensuring the facility is inspection-ready at all times.
- Plan, define, and direct the auditing control program to ensure compliance with all procedures and policies, ensuring compliance with regulatory federal, and local laws.
- This includes the identification of facility Quality KPIs, corrective/preventive action, and continuous improvement initiatives. Train and mentor site Auditors to ensure program goals are met.
- Oversee and manage the quality compliance team, including the quality documentation team, compliance team, customer compliance team, supplier quality, and quality receiving team.
- Update existing food safety procedures and documentation to keep up with changing requirements and customer specifications.
- Work closely with Operation Directors and Managers on any food safety or quality compliance issues.
- Ensure the Quality Training Team correctly documents training and tier certifications for employees in production, quality, and sanitation.
- Train and coach direct reports and oversee KPIS within Quality Department
- Conduct HACCP assessments
- Oversee USDA/FDA Regulations
- Lead audit scores
- Involved in investigations with customer product complaints
- Head the BRC Qualification efforts
The Qualifications of the Quality Assurance Manager Include:
- USDA/ FDA Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, or related field
- 5+ Years of management experience within a food manufacturing environment
- 5+ years experience dealing with GMPS. SOPS, HACCP
- Ability to work onsite (relocation assistance is provided)