DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading food production company that is looking to add a Quality Assurance Leader to their team in Brunswick, Georgia. This role will primarily be responsible for supervising the Quality Assurance Technicians and ensuring plant products are safe, meet customer specifications, company quality and reliability standards. This opening is for 2nd/3rd shift.
- Recommending improvements in manufacturing, quality and sanitation practices to management.
- Supervises staff responsible for microbiological testing and other quality control testing of plant products. Maintains weight and defect control programs in accordance with plant and company standards.
- Mentors and motivates Associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth. Communicates performance standards to Associates, recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling performance problems.
- Monitors the quality of all products being manufactured at the manufacturing facility and assists team leaders to correct defects. Emphasis on process control for all products. Coordinates and maintains a HACCP program for the plant.
- Assists in resolving hotline complaints about plant products, maintaining necessary records regarding the resolution. May meet with vendors, customers and quality representatives and other company staff to discuss and resolve quality issues.
- Supports R&D with test batches, data, and sample collection.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 3+ years of experience working in a food, pharmaceutical, or chemical manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), HACCP, food allergens and pest control
- Experience and ability to direct and coach a team
- Ability to work 2nd/3rd shift