I am currently hiring two Program Buyers of directs for a global operating automotive supplier with over 300,000 employees globally. One role will be based in Porto, Portugal and one in Timisoara, Romania. The key factors for the role are:
- A Program buyer is responsible for developing, maintaining and investigating potential new production material suppliers as well as suppliers for new and existing programs.
- Create purchase orders and work with various departments within the division to ensure standards are met
- Works independently and confers with division, customer and supplier staff specialists.
- Establish solid sources to ensure continuous supply and availability of commodities identified to support the needs of the division.
- Coordinate and manage requirements from corporate purchasing in relation to program purchasing.
- Establish multiple sources to ensure continuous supply and availability of commodities
- Oversee and approve supplier quotations and recommend awards for purchase order/contracts
- Commitment to teamwork
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to build and maintain positive employee/supplier relations
- Verbal and Written communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines and hit targets regularly
If this sounds like something of interest and it suits your experience, please don't hesitate to apply.