This high-growth biotech company is looking for a Sr. Production Planner to coordinate and expedite production according to demand and quality standards. This position will ensure the products are produced on time for distribution. Candidates should be well-versed in production procedures, well organized, and results-driven with great problem-solving skills. Advanced communication and computer skills are very useful for the role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create Production orders in the ERP system
- Production Order Follow-up for on time delivery of production requirements
- Prioritize and Expedite Production Orders
- Monitor Material Sell-by and Expiration Dating
- Monitor inventory levels in ERP system to ensure that inventories are well stocked and all products are updated.
- Communicate timely responses to company departments/divisions in relation to; emails, ETA requests, scheduling, work order information requests
- Coordinate production schedule with production departments.
- Release Work Orders based on demand, material availability and work center capacity.
- Request material transfers when material is available.
- Review ERP Reorder Point messages and/or MRP suggestions and take appropriate actions
- Optimize material stocking levels for sell-by and expiration dates and take appropriate actions (retest, extend, use up) to minimize obsolescence/scrap
- Propose alternate activities to resolve Backorders
- Analyze, update and maintain complex spreadsheets. Generate reports and metrics
- Create and maintain documentation (SOP's, Forms, Checklists) to ensure all processes are documented
- Ensures compliance with company and department policies, procedures, checklists
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications - Education and Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience in the areas of: Business Administration, Science, Operations Supply Chain or related field
- 4 - 6 years Production Planning experience
- 2 years of experience in an ISO13485 environment