The Production Supervisor role is a full-time salaried position responsible for overseeing food preparation and packaging in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). The position involves managing various aspects of production, including production schedules, customer delivery, quality standards, budgets, operational policies, procedures, and the supervision of staff. Additionally, the Production Supervisor is responsible for proposing and implementing improvements in production, including processes, methods, equipment, operational procedures, and working conditions.
Customer and Management Interaction: Collaborate with internal and external customers and engage with management at all levels.
Performance Assessment: Work closely with management to assess production performance and identify areas for improvement.
Leadership: Lead by example, demonstrating initiative in achieving objectives and serving as a positive role model for other employees.
Workload Management: Identify areas with increased workloads and allocate personnel to address the need.
Compliance Oversight: Monitor plant operations to ensure compliance with GMPs and safety procedures.
Safety and Facility Maintenance: Maintain safety and facility cleanliness standards and ensure adherence among employees.
Employee Relations: Foster positive employee relations through coaching, development, and conflict resolution.
Employee Training: Train and develop team leads to embrace change and continuous improvement and ensure all production personnel are adequately trained.
Operational Procedures: Ensure consistent adherence to all operating procedures and standards.
Production Scheduling: Collaborate with the production planner to create an efficient production schedule that balances sales demands and manufacturing costs.
Continuous Improvement: Work with the leadership team to develop strategies for process improvement, enhance quality, increase productivity, and reduce costs.
Audits and Corrective Actions: Participate in audits and assist in creating procedures and corrective actions as needed.
Equipment and Production Enhancement: Collaborate with management to identify problematic equipment, production bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
Adaptable Work Culture: Foster a culture that embraces change, addresses employee concerns, and achieves operational objectives.
Labor Cost Management: Monitor and control direct labor costs, including temporary production labor, and manage time cards, PTO usage, and attendance exceptions.
- Complete safety system documentation and report deviations to the Environmental Health & Safety Manager.
- Participate in mandatory safety training programs and report all safety issues, near misses, and injuries.
Quality & Food Safety:
- Complete quality and food safety system documentation and report deviations to the Production Manager.
- Participate in mandatory food safety and quality training programs.
- Uphold the integrity of the quality and food safety system by adhering to policies and procedures outlined in the Quality Policy Manual and reporting any deficiencies.
- Strong mathematical and analytic skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team.
- Self-motivated and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient problem-solving skills to address various situations.
- Capable of lifting objects up to 65 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move within the facility.
- Exposure to shop elements, including noise, dust, odors, fumes, and oils.
- Ability to work in both hot and cold environments.
- Willingness to perform other assigned tasks as needed.