DSJ Global is looking for a highly organised individual capable of communicating and leading a hands on, cross functional team. Direct and supervise all aspects of Manufacturing & Distribution activities to ensure customer demand is effectively met. Drive, support and follow continuous improvement in the areas of productivity, cost, quality, standardisation, and safety. The position is responsible for monitoring and analysing all aspects of manufacturing, inventory, and related functions.
- Work closely with the extended Management team as well as Customer Service
- Works with various platforms of analytical, business planning and tools such as an ERP system to plan and direct production activities.
- Perform first-line supervisory functions for the team including assignment of work, approval of time and attendance, work scheduling, raw material availability, and performance reporting.
- Support implementation of manufacturing related KPI metrics to provide status and feedback to employees and management.
- Positive leadership style and an articulate and effective verbal communicator.
- Strong technical capabilities with the ability to trouble shoot from an electronics and mechanical perspective.
- Ensures corrective and preventative measures are in place to remedy systemic issues.
- Create a team atmosphere that fosters supportive teamwork, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Analyse production scrap, rework, and production labour for completed work orders.
- Identify and implement solutions to legacy methods ensuring the elimination of tribal knowledge.
- Supports technical Corrective/Preventative Actions to identify root cause analysis to resolve production and customer issues and in support of process improvement activities.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Equivalent of "Meister", bachelor's degree when equipped with hands on shop floor experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years' experience leading, planning and problem solving in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years' experience leading a team of assembly people of at least 10 people
- The ability to inspire a change in culture and promote continuous improvement
- Ability to build and lead an effective technical team under time constraints to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to be an "Out of the box" and creative solution thinker.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
Interested? We are looking forward to your application.