Join Our Team as a Production Control Supervisor!
Location: Northern California, Bay Area (Concord)
Are you ready to make a significant impact in the field of DC-DC power converters and emerging technologies like drones, autonomous driving, and electric vehicles? Our well-established company, with more than 50 years of industry expertise, is seeking a talented Production Control Supervisor to help us thrive and continue our legacy of innovation.
About Us: We are a leading manufacturer of DC-DC power converters, serving various industries such as automotive, transportation, and industrial applications. In recent years, we've expanded our horizons, venturing into exciting markets like drones, autonomous driving, and electric vehicles, all while maintaining our commitment to producing top-quality legacy products.
Position Summary: As a Production Control Supervisor, you'll play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth flow of work and materials within and between departments, in alignment with daily and weekly production schedules. Your responsibilities will include reviewing and distributing production schedules, collaborating with department leads to monitor progress, managing inventory levels, and troubleshooting production issues.
- Balance production capacity to optimize efficiency.
- Maintain acceptable inventory levels by proactively managing inventory status.
- Plan, organize, and oversee production activities, including the preparation of production plans.
- Resolve production issues affecting overall operations to ensure timely product delivery.
- Collaborate with the sales division to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and manage production schedules, monitor progress, and adjust as needed to meet deadlines.
- Identify and address potential risks to future production plans, such as material supply or technical approvals.
- Communicate regularly with operations management to anticipate changes in planning requirements.
- Oversee production planning and management activities.
- Adjust schedules to address delays and meet project deadlines.
- Notify customers of any production-related delays.
- Engage in negotiations with operations management regarding forecasted business volume and shipping commitments.
- Prepare manpower forecasts.
- Create reports on production processes for upper management and suggest efficiency improvements.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 by establishing and enforcing policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Monitor the implementation of established procedures and policies.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Beneficial certifications include APICs certification and/or 5S training.
- Experience in a production environment is a strong asset.
If you're a proactive, results-oriented professional with a passion for efficient production and a desire to make a difference in emerging technology markets, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and be part of a company that has a long history of excellence and an exciting future ahead!