- Location: Morristown, TN
- Working Situation: Onsite/Remote Hybrid Model
Company Overview: An industry-leading Chemical Manufacturer is looking to add a Procurement Manager - Chemicals Category position to its growing procurement department. This position reports into the Category Manager and works directly with the Procurement Director. They are looking for a highly motivated, hard-working individual to join the team.
The Procurement Manager - Chemicals Category is responsible for:
- Supporting the development of and deploy strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies across a rationalized set of global and regional preferred supplier partners
- Managing assigned chemical categories with responsibilities of analyzing spend data, sourcing, negotiation, administration, implementation of strategic initiatives across all business units
- Acting as an SME for category, maintaining business intelligence, current market trends knowledge, commodity data, and regulatory guidelines and best in practice procurement methodology
- Developing an understanding of supply and demand characteristics while negating supply risk
- Negotiating contracts, long-term agreements and amendments with suppliers
- Understanding the industry and staying abreast of business trends through publications, attending tradeshows, etc.
- Managing key supplier performance goals and objectives, communicate periodic results to plan and manages top-level continuous improvement, and develops key awareness of industry performance benchmarks
Procurement Manager - Chemicals Category should have the following qualifications:
- BA degree required
- 3+ years of sourcing for raw materials or chemicals
- Strong leadership, initiative, and planning skills
- Critical thinker, with excellent analytic abilities