DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading Food company in the Triangle area seeking an experienced Plant Manager. The Plant Manager is responsible for overall plant operations and driving manufacturing operating policy to realize overall business strategy. Effectively develops teams that are able to achieve corporate improvement objectives. Creates a work environment which promotes safety and quality, while adhering to all regulated environmental guidelines. Accountable for all aspects of plant performance, and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that is consistent with quality requirements, ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Drives best practice through the organization and leads the implementation of improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Makes and/or approves major operating, business, engineering and operational decisions, as required, to ensure that plant is operating optimally.
- Managing Customer relationships in a positive and professional manner
- Trouble-shoot and lead problem-solving efforts through the facilitation of team meetings and on-the-floor leadership to effectively change systems and procedures through the process of continuous improvement.
- Develop plant's annual budget. Monitor and control plant costs in comparison to budgetary objectives.
- Lead, facilitate and support the plant's safety process to insure a safe, hazard-free working environment for all employees.
- Act as the Plant's Project Manager on new initiatives involving equipment
- Eliminate complex bottlenecks for clients and develop long term culture of accountability and improvement
- Lead all site based continuous improvement efforts through the use of LEAN tools (Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, TPM, Visual Management, etc)
- Build and maintain the foundation for continuous improvement by ensuring the effective functioning of transformation activities aligned to a Lean Operating System.
- Serve as subject matter expert continuous improvement (Kaizen) leader
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or Quality
- Minimum of 5 years of World Class Manufacturing experience with a major Food or Beverage company
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Operations/Lean Management
- Plant Turnaround experience
- Formal Lean training from an "academy" organization - either through direct consulting experience or via organizations with deep, well-established lean operating systems.
- This position requires an essential understanding and control of the production process, maintenance, shipping/receiving, sanitation, quality assurance, accounting, safety, human resources and material management