- Location: Greenville, NC (not remote)
- Level: Senior Associate
Our client, a global Biotechnology company is in search of a S&OP Planning Analyst to join their Supply Planning team.
The S&OP Planning Analyst will work under little supervision to perform Supply Chain activities for assigned product portfolio to optimize inventory, minimize cost, and set and achieve customer service goals. This includes forecasting, capacity planning, execution oversight, and monitoring and reporting of results. A successful candidate will contribute to major improvement to the effectiveness of the entire supply chain team.
The S&OP Planner will be responsible for:
- Analyzing work flow and utilizing analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict, and streamline business processes, and enhance supply chain processes
- Managing finished goods orders to support trials to ensure timely entry, accuracy, and on time delivery of orders to support company goals
- Monitor daily/weekly reports and evaluate orders, resolving discrepancies to ensure accurate and timely shipments
- Maintain demand forecasts while reducing forecast error.
- Work closely with Marketing to decrease demand variations.
- Conduct SKU rationalization and other life cycle management analyses.
- Own the planning aspects of new product launches during the pre-launch phase.
- Complete sophisticated spreadsheet analysis during issue resolution or scenario planning.
- Use strategic thinking for process improvement in order to increase service and optimize inventory
- Partner with several cross functional teams to assist, support, and recommend solutions that identify root cause analysis and improve process development such as finance, sales and operations
- Lead projects from start to finish. Work with business partners to understand functional requirements and interact with cross-functional teams to design, develop, test, and implement new systems or upgrades
- Provide analytical and system support for the development, implementation, and management of standard operating procedures and policies
- Create and produce the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent of relevant experience
- 2-3 years of experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- 3-4 years of general supply chain operations leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of ERP and MRP system
- S&OP experience
- Familiarity with the following: Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Transportation, Warehousing and Procurement
- Engineering Degree, certification, or background
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple cross-functional teams throughout the business