A leading manufacturing organization in the Fairfax area is currently seeking an experienced Materials Manager. The Materials Manager will have good interpersonal skills in addition to strong logical and analytical skills, with prior experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Direct the materials management activities such as: managing the master production schedule, production planning, forecasting, and inventory control.
- Implement strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and systems providing high service level to customers and minimizing inventory levels.
- Setting strategic direction on categories and projects, leading to impact on cash flow and operating income.
- Facilitate continuous improvement of business processes.
- A B.S. in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Master's degree and APICS CPIM preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in materials management in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong technical background and skills.
- Experience with LEAN Manufacturing Principles
- 5+ years' experience with QAD is preferred.
- Microsoft Office applications and Excel experience.