This highly visible position located at our Victorville, CA Facility- relocation assistance offered.
What you'll do:
This position oversees the areas of Production Planning, Materials Management, & Inventory Control for the Victorville, CA Facility. This facility manufactures laundry and cat litter products for consumer products businesses. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Materials Manager is responsible for managing and leading the Materials Management function at the plant in accordance with the policies and practices
· Responsible for plant scheduling and inventory control strategies that maximize company investment while maintaining high levels of service to trade.
· Continuously assess raw material yields and provide support to plant process improvement activities related to waste, scrap and usages.
· Manage the budget for Material purchases.
· Manage new product introduction timelines, system accuracy and interfaces with corporate key contacts. Facilitates with all departments internal to plant to ensure products are produced on time and correct the first time.
· Works in conjunction with Quality and Manufacturing to provide the most efficient approach to integration of new items while maintaining high packaging conversions.
· Develops cost savings programs focusing on reducing complexity in manufacturing and materials management/handling.
· Provides leadership in team effectiveness by sharing information and encouraging the participation of all team members, building commitment to common goals and motivating team members.
· Build a team climate by creating an environment that is focused on its people and their contributions.
· Provides proper leadership and training for direct reports including individual development plans in technical, supervisory, and managerial areas.
· Manage a staff of hourly and salary employees in the areas of planning, inventory control & material management.
What you'll need:
· Bachelor's degree of Arts or Science in related field required.
· 5 - 10 years of broad-based Materials Management experience in a manufacturing plant environment required.
· Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Excellent communications skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media - verbal, written, etc.
· Excellent organizational/time management skills.
· Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
· Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach, and mentor.
· Strong computer skills (SAP and MS Office Suite).
· Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
What we'll offer:
· Competitive salary including annual bonus & Stock Incentive Program
· Comprehensive benefits package along with generous 401K
· Career ownership & development
· Diversity & Sustainability
We are a $3.5 billion company, was founded in 1846 and is headquartered in Ewing, New Jersey. We are one of the fastest growing Consumer Packaged Goods companies and as a testament to our performance; the company was added to the S&P 500 in 2016.
Drug Free Workplace:
All applicants who have received an offer of employment, as a condition of employment, are subject to our pre-employment drug testing process. The pre-employment testing procedure
consists of a 7 panel urine sample test. Positive results will result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment immediately and the applicant will no longer be considered for employment.
PLEASE NOTE: Medical Marijuana is not accepted as an exemption even where medical marijuana use is legal under state law, regulation or ordinance: testing positive for the presence of Marijuana or its metabolites will be considered a positive result and will result in withdrawal of the offer.