Title: Manufacturing Manager
Location: Syracuse, New York
A leading manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Aircraft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Manager to support team members in order to meet daily safety, quality and production requirements to support the company's growth.
The Manufacturing Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Build and improve a process that creates a quality product.
- Ensure standardized work is in place for all processes and adherence to quality process.
- Preventing defects and scraps relating to products.
- Building technical knowledge in support of key process parameters.
- Ensure production goals and schedules are accomplished.
- Manage staffing levels and requirements.
- Propose equipment needs for capital project implementations and may also participate in project implementation.
- Initiate improvements to save material and energy costs.
- Responsible for completion of Accident Investigation forms for any incidents in department.
- Responsible to implementation of safety countermeasures and doing root cause analysis to determine appropriate safety changes that are needed to improve plant safety.
The Manufacturing Manager MUST have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree; or four to ten years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, understand and comprehend document such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, Oracle reports and Internal Methods Sheets.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as Manufacturing software.
- Excellent team skills and able to interact with other employees, engineers and leadership. Ability to report progress with engineers to solve issues.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
If you are interested in the Manufacturing Manager opportunity, then please don't hesitate to apply!