As the Logistics Process Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing operational efficiency's within the logistics framework. You will provide crucial management support by analyzing existing processes and identifying areas for improvement. This role also involves leading improvement projects, applying your deep logistics expertise to streamline work flows, optimize building designs, and enhance overall supply chain performance.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of current logistics processes and designing processes that streamline the operation and lead to efficiency's and cost savings in the facilities.
- Evaluating the process flow and layout of operations; designing and implementing facility layouts and processes that lead to an increase in productivity, quality, and cost savings for the operation.
- Applying logistics modeling techniques to address issues such as operational process improvement or facility design and layout.
- Supporting new client implementations throughout the network.
- Providing logistics technology or information for effective and efficient support of client operation.
- Evaluating the use of warehousing software or other IT systems and tools to maximize facility efficiency's.
- Supporting the development of logistics metrics, analysis tools, or key performance indicators to measure business performance.
- Analyzing logistics data involving customer service, forecasting, procurement, transportation, or warehousing.
- Preparing documentation on logistics data reporting and management information systems.
- Conducting logistics studies or analyses, such as time studies, rate analyses, or flow-path analyses.
- 5+ years of experience in logistics engineering or logistician capacity, including logistics systems, process evaluation, layout design, analysis, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of logistics modeling techniques and the ability to apply them to address issues such as operational process improvement or facility design and layout.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.