A global leader in the pharmaceutical industry is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join the team as the Head of Purchasing Germany. This key leadership role will play a crucial part in managing a diverse team whilst overseeing a substantial budget and so is well suited to a highly motivated, results driven individual.
- Lead a team of 20 professionals (combination of strategic sourcing, business and operational staff) to achieve group goals and drive individual excellence.
- Manage a spend of around €300M, across both direct and indirect materials whilst also driving procurement excellence and process improvement. Oversee the P2P process, streamlining the process and ultimately driving efficiency.
- Work collaboratively with procurement teams on both local and global scales to identify and implement cost-saving strategies.
- Design, develop and execute procurement strategies aligned with company objectives, demonstrating a performance-driven mindset and an entrepreneurial approach.
- Collaborate with various departments, including finance, operations, R&D and supply chain, to enhance procurement processes and maximize efficiency.
- Strong leadership experience with a proven track record of successfully managing teams. Experience in the pharmaceutical/life sciences/FMCG space is beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to think strategically, identify opportunities for cost savings, and implement effective procurement strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, professional fluency in both German and English.
- A dynamic individual with high energy levels, capable of thriving in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Comfortable with a hybrid work setting, with some office presence in Hamburg, Germany.