Lean Engineer- for a leading Metal Manufacturing Company
- Lean Engineer
- Reading, PA
A leading Heavy Manufacturing company is seeking a Lean Engineer who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Industrial or Heavy Manufacturing experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Lean Engineer - should have the following skill set:
- Relevant college degree, certifications and/or two-year Technical Degree with 3-5 years of management experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Metals or heavy manufacturing preferred but not required.
- Lean background with demonstrated continuous improvement experience with the ability to see the future state and rally the team around efforts to achieve the future state.
- Proven ability to be a cultural enabler and work productively with individuals at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated skills with PC office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Teams/SharePoint.
- Must be a self-motivated, problem solver with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Lean Engineer - will:
- Behave in accordance with Company Environmental, Health, & Safety policies.
- Create a safe work environment for all employees.
- Work as part of a team in the achievement of specific company objectives.
- Initiate and coordinate projects and schedules with production and maintenance, including all necessary personnel training.
- Manage Production process control, including tracking, refining, and optimizing.
- Interface directly with operators in a manufacturing environment to lead projects. Manage upward in the organization with the same integrity and enthusiasm as that shown on the shop floor.
- Write work instructions in detailed, documented procedures.
- Withstand extreme hot, cold, inside, and outside temperatures, and work in a noisy environment with the proper PPE.