A global FMCG company that is a leading player in the food industry with a rich heritage and a strong presence in Europe is looking for a Lead Buyer for Raw Materials to join their team and contribute to their continued success.
Your efforts will contribute to the company's competitive advantage, all while ensuring no compromises are made on product quality that could impact our production. Your role involves sourcing from trusted suppliers known for their quality, supplier performance, and flexibility. Specifically, you will manage a portfolio of raw materials(such as Butter, Flour, Sugar…) for all European Factories and report directly to the Chief Procurement Officer.
- Comprehensive management of the purchasing strategy and its execution.
- Ongoing reduction of raw material costs while adhering to specifications.
- Oversight of the purchasing budget allocated to the designated category.
- Monitoring and benchmarking market developments for raw materials.
- Contribution to optimising working capital through external spending.
- Active participation in supplier quality assessments.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in Purchasing
- Structured and precise way of working combined with analytical skills
- Result and customer driven, hands-on, resolvent and ownership
- Good set of skills in verbal and written expression
- Master of the English Language
- German, French and Dutch language profession is an advantage
- Experience in food raw materials sourcing
- Willingness to travel between the company locations within Europe
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- A challenging job within a pleasant and informal working environment
- A market-conform salary based on your experience and skills
- Excelling secondary conditions (ex. Var. Bonus and Lease-car)
- A dynamic and growing company where your initiative will be appreciated
- Future development within the Business.