I am currently working with a global leader in the chemical and materials industry to develop a project procurement team in Europe. This company have over 12,000 employees globally and are going through an exciting period of growth and expansion. With sustainability development at their core, this company has ambitious goals for the future and now is an excellent time to join them and bit a part of their growth. As Head of Project Purchasing, you will be leading a team of project managers and project procurement managers globally.
- Lead the project procurement function , ensuring procurement strategies are aligned with business objectives and priorities
- Oversee all procurement activities, including tendering, negotiation, supplier selection, contract management, and ongoing supplier performance management
- Work closely with project managers, engineering, and operations teams to ensure procurement requirements are identified and met in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Manage supplier relationships and performance, ensuring supplier risk is effectively managed and mitigated
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure procurement is effectively integrated with project delivery
- Drive continuous improvement of procurement processes and systems, ensuring best practice procurement principles are applied
- Multiple years professional experience in a project procurement setting, experience in the chemical, mining or materials sector is beneficial but not essential. Proven experience managing complex, projects including non-purchasing based decisions is extremely beneficial
- Experience leading a team of procurement professionals, direct management is extremely beneficial
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Professional fluency in English is essential, other languages are beneficial but not required.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment