We are currently seeking a Global Logistics Manager to improve the global logistics processes of our client, a chemical manufacturing company in Belgium. The role would be based in Brussels, Belgium.
- Enhancing Warehouse and Internal Logistics Operations:
- Employ various methodologies, such as RCA, VSM/TOC, 6 sigma to identify and implement logistical improvements.
- Provide training on Operational Excellence (OE) tools to different levels of staff.
- Assist in establishing relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and performance monitoring tools.
- Monitor logistic KPIs across different sites, discuss deviations with site teams, set annual targets, and collaborate with the benchmarking and standardization manager to standardize KPIs.
- Evaluate the level of automation, recommend enhancements, and oversee their development.
- Supporting Logistics Operations in Production Environments:
- Develop new logistical concepts through scouting, testing, and evaluation.
- Assess proposed plant designs from a logistics perspective, identifying major operational expenditure impacts and potential improvements.
- Determine and elaborate on the optimal level of automation.
- Project Management:
- Lead or participate as a team member in key technical, organizational, or systems-related projects.
- Help sites identify, define, and prioritize logistics improvement projects.
- Participate in regular Quality Management (QM) updates and Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) workshops.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in an operational or operational excellence role within an industrial environment.
- Proficiency in various operational excellence methodologies (such as lean6sigma) and a track record of implementing operational excellence practices on the shop floor.
- Experience in logistics operations in both warehouse and production environments,
- Strong technical background.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a big plus.
- Experience in change management within a multi-site and multi-cultural setting.
- Proven project management experience.