A global assistance and insurance company that provides a wide range of services to individuals and businesses to help them manage unexpected events and emergencies, is looking for a Global IT Procurement Manager to join their team in Paris.
The company is a key player in the insurance industry, providing a vast range of customer-oriented services such as travel, roadside, and home assistance, as well as medical insurance. They have built a strong reputation through their commitment to helping people during challenging times, operating in over 150 countries.
- Collaborate closely with various business units to gain a deep understanding of their specific needs. Assist in defining clear specifications and recommend optimal procurement approaches for both Group-wide and local projects.
- Construct and actively contribute to business cases, ensuring the feasibility and soundness of purchasing decisions.
- Oversee the entire sourcing process and Requests for Proposals (RFx) at the Group level, while strictly adhering to procurement protocols, ethical standards, and corporate social responsibility guidelines.
- Guarantee that all purchases align with quality, delivery timelines, cost constraints, and functional prerequisites.
- Engage in negotiations to establish contract terms, crafting agreements based on Group templates that prioritise internal client specifications (Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements, penalties, etc.), while focusing on benefits and risk mitigation, including potential discount structures or volume rebates whenever applicable.
- Possess a deep understanding of the risks associated with IT-related categories (with a particular focus on Consulting, Software, and IT services) and maintain a comprehensive grasp of the global IT landscape, encompassing key players, industry trends, and pricing models.
- Effectively manage contracts and nurture supplier relationships, using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure that expectations are met.
- Work on standardisation efforts and concentrate purchasing volume, leveraging these strategies as powerful procurement tools.
- Continuously monitor the market through benchmarking exercises to enhance cost efficiency, quality, and to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Identify fresh local and international suppliers capable of delivering superior quality, innovative solutions while remaining cost-efficient and expedient.
- Regularly generate comprehensive reports to facilitate decision-making and keep stakeholders informed.
- Assist the Group Procurement department in mapping expenditures, pinpointing emerging initiatives, formulating savings projections, and assessing potential risks and opportunities.
- Foster proactive collaboration with the Group Procurement team and internal clients to achieve shared objectives and optimise procurement processes.
- 10 years of procurement experience in IT categories
- Knowledge on Consulting, SW, IT services
- Experience in international projects
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and French