Looking for the next step in your procurement career? Look no further!
Please find details of the Global Category Manager Science position below, and if it looks like a good fit, please apply!
- Own and lead the execution of the Procurement's R&D Category Strategy for a specific sub-category such as CRO.
- Provide close functional and strategic direction, coaching and motivation to a geographically dispersed group of Procurement colleagues and R&D Stakeholders, to help the execution of the strategy.
- Build strong relationships with the R&D leadership and the Procurement Category network at regional and global level, to ensure a comprehensive strategy is developed and executed.
- Through spend analysis, develop a detailed understanding of the supply market and R&D value chain.
- Study and understand the marketplace for changes, manage potential business impact, and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Lead multifunctional/multinational sourcing teams and projects to achieve contracts, orders or agreements that are aligned with the category strategy and hence deliver substantial savings and value back to the business.
- Lead significant negotiations and contracting activities with key suppliers.
- Own and manage relationships with key suppliers (e.g., refreshing, developing and tracking metrics (KPIs/SLAs) as well as all associated contract life-cycle management activities (e.g., renewing expiring contracts, updating pricing annually, etc.).
- Own the financial performance for the category, including agreement and verification of savings forecast, budgeting, and delivery.
- Proven record of success in managing R&D categories and sub-categories e.g. equipment, technology, consumables, chemicals and CRO services.
- Proven strategic thinker.
- Demonstrated experience managing senior stakeholders.
- Project Management skills and project team leadership
- Results oriented with strong business acumen.
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace, constantly changing environment.
- Innovative problem solver.
- English is a must-have, French is desired and German is a plus.
- Science background is desirable (Degree/MA)