A globally leading chemical company is transforming its global procurement department. This greenfield role will be leading the definition and implementation of the global category strategy for raw materials. This role comes with a high level of autonomy, and is well-suited to someone excited by greenfield projects, and starting things from scratch.
- Defining and implementing the global category strategy for raw materials. Understanding of regional v global market dynamics to appropriately create the new global strategy.
- Lead global negotiations and manage key supplier relationships. Identify, qualify and onboard new suppliers, ensuring quality, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
- Establish and enhance procurement processes, driving continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Manage cross-functional projects with R&D, manufacturing and sustainability teams.
- Form part of the global procurement senior leadership team.
- Multiple years' experience in global procurement, specifically in raw materials or chemicals. Experience in the chemical/plastics industry is beneficial but not essential
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively and drive innovation.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with all levels of the organization, including director level and c-suite. Professional fluency in English is essential, German is very advantageous.
- Strong personal and influencing skills, with the ability to take a hands-on approach