Environmental Health and Safety Manager - for a leading Manufacturing Company
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager
- Wilmington, DE
A leading Manufacturing company is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have EHS experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager - Will be responsible for leading the implementation, coordination, and sustainment of EHS programs at the local site level and championing site-specific initiatives to ensure compliance with local and federal regulations. EHS manager responsibilities will also include recommending equipment upgrades/changes to protect workers, educating employees using safety training programs and advising in investigating accidents to identify the cause and drive corrective and preventive actions.
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager - should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environment, Safety, Health, Science or a related field
- 5-7 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment including supervisory responsibilities
- RCRA, DOT, Tier 2, and TRI Training and experience
- Certified Environmental, Industrial Hygiene, or Safety professional
- Computer software/analytical skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, Power BI)
- Extensive knowledge of Regulations and Consensus Standards
- Auditing Techniques
- Leadership Training (Team Building, Motivating, etc.)
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager - will:
- Develop health and safety procedures in accordance with federal, state, and local requirements
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments, and other safety assessments with determination of effective controls and risk mitigation in support of Environmental, Health and Safety management.
- Coordinate the purchase, proper use, maintenance and inspection of necessary safety and personal protective equipment.
- Manage and perform activities to ensure compliance with site Industrial Hygiene program.
- Assist in the development and presentation of EHS training programs.
- Participate in detailed incident investigation teams to determine root cause, corrective, and preventive actions.
- Establish and manages local ergonomic, injury case management and return to work programs.
- Partner with site leadership to develop a culture that identifies health and safety opportunities and documents those for trends and predictive analysis and alignment with EHS Management Systems.