EHS Engineer - for a leading Chemical Manufacturing Company
- EHS Engineer
- Pittsburg, CA
A leading Chemical Manufacturing company is seeking an EHS Engineer who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have chemical EHS experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
- The EHS Engineer - Will ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, and company Environmental Safety and Health requirements. This role will also maintain compliance with environmental regulations; including recordkeeping, filing of Tier II reports, air permitting, updating SPCC plan, storm water, etc.
The EHS Engineer - should have the following skill set:
- BS/BA in Environmental Sciences, Health & Safety related degree, Engineering degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in EH&S or Operations in a chemical manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Prior experience working with CalOSHA, Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD), and California regulatory requirements in general is preferred.
The EHS Engineer - will:
- Provide analytical-based expertise such as sample collection, lab analysis data interpretation and data reporting/submission to address EH&S needs.
- Assist with planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of environmental, health and safety programs.
- Maintain compliance calendar (database) as it relates the job function.
- Assist in self audits of the EHS management system.
- Perform safety-related risk assessments and Job Hazard Analyses.
- Assist with maintaining compliance with CalARP and RMP programs including internal compliance audits and Process Hazards Analysis
- Participate in Root Cause Investigations, and as applicable lead the investigation.