Director of Industrial Engineering needed for Food Production Company
- Salary: $180,000
- Concord, NC
A Leading Food Production Company is looking to add a Director of Industrial Engineering to their talented team of passionate individuals!
The Director of Industrial Engineering will manage all Industrial Engineers, and therefore will oversee labor standards, yield standards, and cost saving projects from beginning to end. They will also assist the Director of Operations by optimizing processes using continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing process improvement initiatives.
The Director of Industrial Engineering will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing a safe and productive work environment, must establish labor management tools to improve labor utilization.
- Hiring and training a talented and motivated technical resource staff. Train industrial engineers in new and innovative ways to improve the process and reduce cost.
- Support the Industrial Engineering Department in regard to evaluating processes, continuous improvement initiatives, improving quality, and reducing waste.
- Provide cost savings projects that are aligned with the company's goals and strategic plan.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to insure projects will increase productivity, quality, yield, while reducing cost.
- Create innovative solutions to guild Director of Operations and their teams to improve processes and budgets.
- Guide industrial engineers and provide direction for their direct reports.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or similar field (MS or MBA in addition is preferred)
- 12+ years of related work experience
- Continuous improvement experience required
- Must have technical experience in industrial engineering, establishing production standards, labor management, analytics and research
- Must be able to travel extensively to multiple facilities and offices
- Microsoft office experience
- High analytical and problem-solving ability