Director of Material Planning
Consumer Goods Industry
Greenville, South Carolina
A leading manufacturer in the Consumer Goods Industry is currently seeking the ideal Director of Material Planning for their location in the Greenville, SC area. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with Supply Planning and Material Planning, along with managerial experience.
- Develop, lead, and manage a team to evolve the material planning processes as well as raw material and packaging inventory.
- Create an accurate materials plan to support production and lead partnerships.
- Develop strategies, improve efficiency's, and ensure consistent methodologies to ensure alignment in the process.
- Manage material planning and execution, ensuring optimal efficiency's across all channels of the supply chain.
- Manage root cause process and lead plans to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure best practices related to monthly S&OP and weekly material plans are being followed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business, Statistics/Mathematics, or related discipline is required.
- Minimum 6+ years experience in Supply Chain AND at least 3+ years experience of Supply/Material Planning.
- Minimum 3+ years experience managing direct reports in a managerial role.
- Strong understanding of material planning / capacity modeling methodologies.
- Experience with ERP systems is required, experience with Oracle is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.