A leading Food and Beverage Manufacturing company is looking to hire a Corporate Purchasing Agent to their fast-growing team. This position will be heavily focused on supporting department with all Capital, Maintenance, and MRO procurement processes including cost saving activities, contract negotiations, sourcing, and vendor management.
This role will be fully onsite in the Gainesville, GA area. After 6 months Hybrid flexibility will be offered.
The Corporate Purchasing Agent will have the following responsibilities:
- Negotiate contracts for MRO and Capital
- Prepare purchase requests for quotation by approved suppliers on the vendor list
- Source and evaluate potential suppliers recommending best leadership options
- Identify and implement opportunities to achieve cost reductions
- Work cross-functionally with operations, engineering, maintenance, etc. to schedule remote inspections, onsite visits and or/ installations
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related
- 2+ years of buying / purchasing experience
- FoodBev industry experience a plus
- Supplier negotiation skills
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and networking skills
- Proficient with SAP & Microsoft products (Excel/PowerPoint/Access)