Position Title: Category Manager
Experience Level: Individual Contributor Lead
Location: DFW Metroplex, TX, USA
My Client, a prominent semiconductor solutions provider, is dedicated to pioneering technology for a better world. With a focus on diverse markets such as consumer electronics, automotive, health-care, and aerospace/defense, My Client's global impact is profound. Their team, comprised of experts across various fields, is committed to connecting, protecting, and powering our planet.
As a Category Manager - Semiconductor Materials, your role revolves around effectively coordinating and optimizing the sourcing process for foundry wafers and fab materials. You will cultivate and sustain relationships with internal stakeholders across my client's various sites, organizing requirements, overseeing interactions, and establishing comprehensive agreements with suppliers covering commercial, capacity, and technical aspects. You will maintain oversight of supplier contracts, commercial terms, and price performance, while also spearheading periodic supplier business reviews to collaborate on achieving cost and lead time reductions, managing quotations, and conducting cost analyses to facilitate negotiations. The Category Manager will also coordinate the qualification of alternative solutions by assessing supplier capabilities, capacity, and overall delivery proficiency.
- Manage the global spend on category-specific foundry materials and strive to achieve annual cost reduction goals.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging technologies within the field.
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders to qualify alternative sources to ensure a steady supply.
- Evaluate supplier performance, conduct supplier business reviews, and implement enhancements.
- Monitor spending and savings, establish reduction goals, and oversee projects to achieve objectives.
- Maintain Category Strategy and deliver Category report-outs to leadership.
- Demonstrate Business Acumen to remain ahead of industry trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or an Engineering discipline required; Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a category manager (supply chain, sourcing, project management, or equivalent).
- Profound knowledge of semiconductor foundry and fab materials and the silicon supply chain.
- Background in wafer manufacturing and Process Engineering, or closely related fields.
- Proficiency in SAP (Material Management module, PO, Material Master, etc.) and supplier contract administration.