Job Title: Category Lead for Ingredients
We are currently working closely with a leading food and beverage company with a passion for creating products that enrich the lives of our customers. They are currently undergoing a transformation project, and seeking a dynamic and experienced Category Lead for Ingredients to join the ever expanding team.
Job Summary: As the Category Lead for Ingredients, you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the ingredient strategy for the company. You will work closely with the procurement team to identify and source high-quality ingredients that meet the company's sustainability and quality standards. You will also collaborate with other teams, including R&D, marketing, and operations, to ensure that the ingredients are used to develop innovative products that meet the evolving needs of our customers.
* Develop and implement the ingredient strategy for the company.
* Manage and optimize the supplier base to ensure the quality and sustainability of ingredients.
* Identify new ingredients and suppliers to support innovation and product development.
* Collaborate with R&D, marketing, and operations teams to develop innovative products using high-quality ingredients.
* Monitor market trends and industry developments to identify potential risks and opportunities.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and stakeholders.
* Negotiate contracts and manage supplier performance to ensure compliance with company policies and standards.
* Lead cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time and within budget.
* Develop and implement metrics to track supplier performance and identify areas for improvement.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Food Science, Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in procurement, ingredient sourcing, or supply chain management in the food and beverage industry.
* Strong knowledge of ingredient categories and sourcing trends.
* Experience in developing and implementing ingredient strategies that support business goals.
* Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with suppliers and stakeholders.
* Excellent communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
* Strong analytical and project management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and deliver projects on time and within budget.
* Knowledge of sustainability and quality standards in the food and beverage industry.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
If you are passionate about ingredients, have a track record of delivering results, and thrive in a collaborative environment, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.