Join a Dynamic Automotive Company as a Buyer/Planner as an Individual Contributor!
DSJ Global is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join a team of professionals within the automotive industry located near Petersburg, VA area. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and buying activities while ensuring that all procurement decisions align with business objectives.
Procurement - A strong understanding of various sourcing strategies used by buyers including direct procurement for automotive commodities and indirect services. Proven analytical skills for keeping up with market trends as well as effective negotiation skills to obtain new vendor relationships to maximize company profit and maintain on-time delivery.
Planning - Ability to create detailed plans which include ordering quantities based on demand forecasts (MPS) maintaining optimal inventory levels whilst keeping lead times short; Ensure timely delivery from suppliers through production coordination; Collaborate effectively cross-functionally across different departments like engineering teams etc., managing stakeholder expectations throughout each stage.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Monitors market trends for potential changes impacting cost structures affecting raw materials prices or exchange rates fluctuations,
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base regarding commodities being purchased so accurate information can be provided during negotiations processes between vendors/suppliers/customers/vendors
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Direct experience with MRP/ERP Systems.
- 3+ years of strategic, commodity based sourcing experience for automotive parts or heavy manufacturing
- 5 Weeks Paid Vacation Time (PTO, Holidays, and Vacation)
- Competitive Maternity/Paternity Leave
- End of Year Bonus
If you are interested in joining the team, apply today!