What You Will Be Doing
- Source various products and/or categories that are medium to high complexity and spend; utilizing the various standard sourcing processes adopted by the Strategic Sourcing Department.
- Strong analytical skills: able to transform data into clear, relevant solutions and recommendations
- Establish relationships and lead Stakeholders / cross-functional teams along the process to get buy-in
- Lead sourcing events from project kick-off to contract execution, with high emphasis on leading price, and terms-and-conditions negotiations with suppliers
- Become a category expert in understanding the category role and develop category playbooks and roadmaps to enhance strategic negotiations
- Mitigate company financial liabilities through inventory management with suppliers
- Build and establish strategic vendor relationships to develop short and long term partnerships
- Mentor entry level sourcing buyers and analysts on building the financial model utilized to support negotiation events
We believe the successful candidate has these qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Logistics preferred
- 10ourcing experience
- 5 + years of negotiating contracts, managing strategic supplier alliances and buying/sourcing experience
- 5+ years managerial experience
- Good understanding or manufacturing, distribution, and logistics.