A global market leader in the E-mobility industry is looking for a Transport & Warehouse Manager for their Giga-factory in Thuringia. This company is providing the top car manufacturers in Europe with electric batteries to power the new ranges of electric cars in 2022.
This company is looking for an experienced, ambitious and career orientated individual with strong knowledge of the automotive industry to lead a 100+ person warehouse and also run the transport operations and distribute products across Europe.
If you would like to be apart of a greener and innovative future for the automotive industry then this could be the perfect match for you!
- Develops PMC External Warehouse work plan according to higher- level strategies / targets and implements accordingly
- Implements the PMC External Warehouse organization structure according to regional (EU) standards
- Derives External Warehouse targets from the higher level (regional) target and defines additional Logistics targets for the External Warehouse, ensures their achievement and initiates countermeasures, if needed
- Introduces sustainable PMC and Logistics processes and ensures the continuous improvement process
- Ensures SAP/standard system setup for warehouse, repacking and shipping operations
- Manage repacking production activities per repack plan, meeting customer demand of call off
- Ensures compliance with regional standard processes and regulations
- Implements and ensures that customer requirements are met
- Ensures the implementation of the capacity planning tool in the External Warehouse for storage space, labor resources and repack capacities, and develop action plan to mitigate capacity risk
- Ensures proper securing of loads and compliance with safety, environment principles and transport, customs, ARD rules
- Ensure the implementation of loading and unloading windows to streamline the transportation and minimization of waiting times
- Promotes a respectful work environment and recruits, develops and retains (functionally and disciplinarily reporting) human resources to maintain a qualified, motivated and productive workforce
- Language skills: fluent English, fluent German
- Minium 3 years experience in the Automotive industry
- Leadership skills: Management Competencies, intercultural oriented
- Overview of all PMC and Logistics plant processes (incl. Transport, Customs and Trade, operative plant shop floor processes and SAP processes, Layout, Material Flow Planning, warehouse planning, capacity planning, scanner systems)
- Advanced knowledge in Stock management
- Knowledge in Continuous improvement: lean manufacturing, lean logistics
- Usages of KPIs, Tools
- SAP logistics
- Overview of Law and Norms (local and plant related), standards, guidelines for PMC and Logistics), ADR law