Test Engineer Supervisor
A leading Aerospace and Defense supplier is looking to bring on a Test Engineer Supervisor to their Appleton, WI location. Overseeing a team of 5, the Test Engineering Supervisor will work with the Engineering Department supporting projects involving customers and will work in tandem with members of the Engineering and Program Management staff, taking a direct "hands-on" role with ownership and management responsibility on all production related project assignments and support Test Engineering function by providing guidance and support to all Test Engineers.
- Provide leadership for the Test Engineering Department to establish objectives, priorities, and accountabilities, guide achievement of performance objectives, select, and empower functional leaders.
- Manage the performance and training of Test Engineers, Test Engineering Technicians, and Documentation personnel.
- Direct Test Engineering department and facility in continuous improvement activities
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with our customers through developing of staff to achieve customer requirements for engineering support and selling the support to customers.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering discipline or a technical field
- Five years of experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment; two (2) or more years of equivalent industry experience is preferred
- Knowledge of aerospace company specifications and practices
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars
- Ability to drive relentless root cause analyses to gain from our mistakes
- Read and understand internal procedures and policies
- US. Person authorization to meet ITAR / EAR requirements
- Lead new assembly transition
- Lead new customer introduction
- Support customer specific RFQ requests
- Lead process optimization
- Support DFT request
- Additional duties as assigned
- Competitive compensation + PTO + bonuses
- 401k match
- Excellent company culture