This client is the world's leading supplier of machines, automation solutions and services for mould and tool making and for the manufacture of precision parts. The company operates globally out of 50 locations worldwide, with the new headquarters being based in Biel, Switzerland.
They develop and produce machine tools and spindles in our state-of-the-art plant, which we present live to our discerning clientele in the application centre.
To support their operational purchasing at the Biel site, they are looking for:
Team Leader Operational Purchasing
- Technical and personnel management of a team (approx. 6 employees)
- Responsible for the execution of the operative order processing for material and Services.
- Responsible for checking the ordering and delivery processes of the suppliers and if necessary, initiation of corrective measures.
- Obtaining information on preferred suppliers and current contracts in support of strategic sourcing objectives.
- Review supplier order confirmations to detect, identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Active supplier management by passing on information to get the best possible achieve supplier performance.
- Active cooperation with other interface partners and responsible for ensuring an optimal supply chain.
- Automation of the responsible process landscape including proactive inventory optimisation by using common best-in-class methods.
- Completed basic technical or commercial training.
- Further training as a technician HF, techn. Businessman with federal FA or purchasing specialist.
- At least 5 years of experience in an equivalent position in the machine industry; preferably in a multicultural / multinational and multi-location environment.
- Very good knowledge of SAP R/3 modules MM/PP and MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), SAP Ariba and DCC (from GIB) are advantageous.
- Leader with an analytical mindset, goal orientation and high resilience.
- Open-minded, dynamic and team player personality with a winning nature.
- Fluent in German and English, other languages an advantage.
How to apply:
- If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 815